NOKOGIRI YAMA(Mountain of Sawteeth)
Nokogiri Yama is like natural museum famous for the unique shaped rocks or beautiful places. The ropeway was installed here with the investment cost of about 200million Yen (say US$ 1.85million) in 1962.
ince then, this ropeway has been regularly used by people who have visited here at all seasons. The oblique distance is 680 meters (say 2200 feet) between the stations at the foot and top of the mountain, and the car is served every five minutes. In the building at the top of mountain, there are an observation restaurant, free resting room, telescopes, souvenirs corner, game for children ets. Also, the historical materials on the stone cutting in this mountain is exhibited there. On the other hand, there is a Japanese temple called Nihonji at the opposite side of the mountain. In the garden of this temple, you can see the greatest images of Buddha made of stone, which is the biggest in the Orient, one thousand and five hundred images of Buddha(1500 Rakan), etc.
Also, you can enjoy one and half hour hiking between the station at the top and the garden(round trip), including walking around the garden.
Fare for Ropeway
|12 and above||One Way||500Yen|
|6 to 11||One Way||250Yen|
|For Group(More than 25 members)|
|12 and above||One Way||450Yen||400Yen|
|1 to 11||One Way||230Yen||230Yen|
- November 16th to February 15th 9:00 to 16:00
- February 16th to February 15th 9:00 to 17:00
- (During Summer: 9:00 to 18:00)
NOKOGIRIYAMA ROPEWAY CO.
- 4052-1 Kanaya Futtsu Shi Chiba Ken.
- From Tokyo Station
- One and a half hours using JR special express “Sazanami” and getting off Hamakanaya Station
- One hour using Keisei or Nitto high―speed bus from Tokyo Station to Kisarazu Station and 40 minutes using JR from Kisarazu Station to Hamakanaya Station in the transfer
- From Shinjuku Station
- 10 minutes using JR (chuo line) from Shinjuku station to Tokyo station and one and a half hours using JR special express “Sazanami” and getting off Hamakanaya Station in the transfer
- 10 minutes using JR (chuo line) from Shinjuku station to Tokyo station and 70 minutes“Boso Nanohanago ”high―speed bus from Tokyo Station to Kazusaminato Station and ten minutes using JR from Kazusaminato Station to Hamakanaya Station in the transfer
- From Haneda Airport
- 45 minutes using Keikyu high―speed bus from Haneda Airport Station to Kimitsu Station and 30 minutes using JR from Kimitsu Station to Hamakanaya Station in the transfer
- 35 minutes using Nitto Kotsu high―speed bus from Haneda Airport Station to Kisarazu Station and 40 minutes using JR from Kisarazu Station to Hamakanaya Station in the transfer
- From Narita International Airport
- 35 minutes using JR special express “N’ex” from Narita Airport to Chiba Station and one hour and twenty minutes using JR from Chiba Station to Hamakanaya Station in the transfer